Friday, September 26, 2008

The End

UPDATE:
As I was concluding the end for me here on blogspot, my man was setting up the kids computer and bookmarking this site for them to view. No one in my family wants me to quit this. Nor do I really. I checked out some other sites once again, but nothing really compares and I am very familiar with this site. So... my man added Google Ad Sense, which hopefully will pay for extra storage over a years time. (Hint: click on the ad links on the side to help me!) ;) So... My plan is to go back and "draft" everything from before I stated watermarking my pictures. Slowly, I will add them back on, once completed with a watermark. That's it!

Well, the end of the road has come here. I am unable to upload pictures because I have no more space in cyberspace. This is my message: "You have exceeded your total photo upload quota." I have to pay for it now. I already did that last year and right now I am trying to be very frugal with my money. So... I am going to explore other options. I am thinking something on Flicker. I may look into Wordpress. Or I just might ask my man to create me my own site. We'll see...

I finally got some new software, yesterday - Elements 6. I am already feeling weird about it. The box sits unopened on my desk. I love the pictures I've seen from those who use Elements 6. But I also like the fact that my pictures are pretty much untouched. Just feels real to me. Although getting arty and different looks will be fun too. So again, we'll see...

I am probably going to go back and delete my pictures that are not watermarked. When I was in San Francisco a few weeks ago, I saw two pictures that looked just like two of mine. I had to study them for awhile. I concluded they were not but who knows what good software can do. They were being sold for a high price might I add! So, I would feel better taking my old stuff down and leaving up what I have watermarked. I hope to one day have a future in this so I'd rather preserve what is mine.

If you'd like to see what I do from here, leave me a comment and I will be in touch once I start fresh! Thanks for visiting me!

7 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Kate!

I am sorry to hear about the situation with you uploading photos. Though I've not commented much lately, I am always inspired and encouraged by your photography.

Please do keep me posted to what's going on and let me know when you've come up with a new plan of posting.

I think it's a good idea to protect what is yours. You do a fabulous job, and you shouldn't have to have people steal your efforts.

Have a great weekend, and I'll look forward to seeing more soon. : )

Wendy said...

i would like to keep seeing your pictures, so let me know when you go somewhere else. thanks!

i think it's a good idea to protect what is yours too!

Heather said...

I'm so sad that you don't have any more room left for pictures!! I have so enjoyed looking at your pictures. They are so calming and peaceful!! Thanks for all your hard work!! Love you!!

~Heather

About Janice said...

Agree that your untouched pictures are more "real". The software might be useful if you indeed start a commercial venture and need to please other people's aesthetic.
And if you still want to synthesize some pics of me having fun.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

This is a sad day! I look so forward to your pictures each day!

You have such a gift in the way you capture each landscape or subject!

Please keep me posted...I look forward to seeing where the Lord will take you next!

Keep up the beautiful work! :)

Leslie said...

You have an artist's eye and I will miss your pictures every day. Let us know what you decide to do so we can visit your new picture site.

Debbie said...

Oh Kate,
I check in for the thrill of your pictures. It gives me my daily Oooohhhs and Aaahhh. It would be so sad not to see what you've seen through your lens. You have an amazing gift of sight and art with your camera in hand. If I could be on your next list I would love that. If not... (sniff)..... good luck and good bye.