Thursday, October 4, 2007

Diamond In The Drought

We've had a severe drought where we live, and haven't seen rain in weeks. We are also under a complete watering ban. My flowers are all dead. But, I noticed my hydrangea bush produced three white beautiful blooms this week. What a treat! (Notice the brown dried up blooms that never amounted to much.)

PS - I won't have much of an Internet connection the next several days. So, if you don't see any posts, don't worry, I'll back track to catch up! :)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I like the effect you put on this picture.

Southern Girl said...

THAT is a hydrangea bush?! I've never seen one like that. It's gorgeous!

lisa said...

Hydrangeas are one of my favorites. and my bushes dried up terribly this year.
I love the picture.

Just T said...

We are experiencing the same kind of drought here, Kate. Although we are in something like a 10 yr drought, and the government have only decided to start conserving water the last 2 yrs. TYPICAL!

Anyhoo, I don't know why, but I love the pictures you take of flowers.

Even in our drought, my potted mini rose bush has sprouted finally, and I have about 5 buds on it yay!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty picture!

Kate said...

Oh T! That's a long drought you all are having... Glad you got some blooms from your potted roses!