Monday, February 5, 2007

A River Runs Through It

The kids and I went grocery shopping and then to my parents new house to stock their fridge. They went back to VA to close on their house this past week, and by 5 today, they will be official GA residents. On my way back, I stopped by some side roads and took some pictures. This is the first picture I have used any sort of editing software. I used Paint Shop Pro for the first time. Oh boy, was that fun! In this picture, I just added some sepia tones. The sepia on my camera would have made this look all shades of rust so I like the way it turned out with PSP. My main goal when taking this picture was to focus on the tall weeds. It took awhile but it came out pretty focused. (The creek was a green color, definitely not brown as it looks here.)

6 comments:

Wendy said...

You are getting good! I have enjoyed all of your pictures.

Renee said...

I forgot your parents had plans to move this way. I know you're glad to have them close by. Can you say where they ended up finding a place?

Kate said...

Thanks Wendy!
Renee, they are about 15 min. north of you - still in the same city as you. Door to door it's about 25 - 30 min. from us. We are all excited!! So tell us about M's accident. It looks sooo scary.

Renee said...

Kate, I wrote part 2 yesterday. Stop by sometime now that your parents are this way!

Juliet Echo Mike said...

You did a great job, Kate! I'm so glad to hear that your parents have moved closer. I love having my mom nearby, too, especially with the little one arriving this year. XO

Susanne said...

How nice that your mom is closer!