Friday, January 12, 2007

Sittin' Pretty

I took the kids to Petsmart today to look at the animals. It's just two miles up the road from our house. It was one of those days that we had to just get outta the house. Besides, they think of it as a field trip! I had the camera around my neck and boy could I feel the stares. Maybe they thought I was some investigative reporter checking up on the condition of the animals. Ha! I plan to take my camera with me everywhere so I guess I should get used to those suspicious looks. Anyway, this bird was sitting pretty, batting it's eyes the whole time. You know how their eyes are sleepy looking, almost shut. It kept doing that. So I tapped the glass to get its eyes to open. It's not as clear as I'd like it to be. The glass on the cage was a little dusty.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I just love your new blog! The picture of the water coming out of your shower-head is the coolest. I like your self-portrait, too.

Susanne said...

Wow, Kate. The yellow of this bird just jumped out from the brown background!

Just T said...

Is it just the angle, or is that one chubby little bird??? lol

I am loving your new blog, Kate!